When we first launched the podcast in December, we spent the first few episodes talking about what works for organic traffic generation. If you missed those episodes, make sure and check them out – there were eleven episodes in all. This week, however, we want to kickoff a new series – on the corollary – our friend, paid traffic.
So many people mistakenly think that paid traffic means just Google Adwords. But the truth is, there are sooooo many paid traffic options that it will make your head spin.
Whether you intend to create a full one interview based show like David has or just use interviews in the marketing and positioning of your own product or service, this episode has got a ton of great information in it that will open your eyes. David also gives away some great insights as to how he has been able to get some of the fabulous media coverage that he has and you’ll see it’s very different than you might suspect – it follows our mantra and starts with “giving first”. Listen to the episode and you’ll understand…
Enjoy the podcast!
Listen to this episode now
Listen, download or read – your choice…
In This Episode
- Paid Traffic – a new series… Way more than we can cover in one episode, so this “intro” will kick off a series of podcasts.
- We talk about the reasons for using paid traffic
- We discuss the many benefits (and some of the drawbacks) of paid traffic as well
- We give advice on how to get started with which form of paid traffic depending upon your business type
- We talk about two profit multipliers that you should be doing for every single form of paid traffic (in fact, you should be doing them even if you’re not running paid traffic)
- And much more…
Our Pick the Brain Segment
To submit your question to Mike and Troy, go to AskMikeandTroy.com. That will tie into this “Pick the Brain” segment where you’ll be able to submit questions to us for possible inclusion on the podcast.
We can’t promise you that your question will be featured on our “Pick the Brain” segment, but you never know!
It all depends on YOU - so make sure an get involved and go to AskMikeandTroy.com and submit your questions that you’d like us to address!
In this Episode’s Pick the Brain Segment
- We answer a subscriber’s question about a how he should pursue his marketing strategy for his niche.
The subscriber has questions about one site or multiple for his particular niche and both Mike and I chime in with our specific advice. It’s very applicable to a lot of situations though, so you’re likely to find some golden nuggets here.
Action Items from this Episode
- Take action and get started with Retargeting – it’s not tough. If you need help, contact us at http://ctcsupport.com and we’d be happy to get you going.
The fact is that even if you do no other form of paid traffic, you should be retargeting no matter what – even if it’s just retargeting your organic traffic. Retargeting simply gives you more exposure to your existing visitors and more exposure is NEVER a bad thing.
Resources Applicable to this Episode
- Our Insider’s Club has more than 100 hours of marketing training around every topic you can imagine and costs less than you likely spend at Starbucks each month on top of that we just completed a series of training on paid traffic inside the Insider’s Club as well that will compliment this podcast perfectly!
- Goto AskMikeandTroy.com and ask us anything marketing related and we’ll replay personally to every question
- Check out our new TMS Store – we’ve even got some cool new T-Shirts!
- Prediction: Anchor Text is Weakening…And May Be Replaced by Co-Occurrence- Whiteboard Friday
- Not All Anchor Text is Equal and other Co-Citation Observations
- It’s Not Co-Citation.. but it’s still awesome! (Or what’s really going on in the SERPs?)