This week we deviate from our model a bit and have some fun with an interview with my friend David Siteman Garland of TheRiseToTheTop.com. David has an excellent job of leveraging the authority of others to build up a huge audience and his own authority along the way. He’s a published author, runs a successful blog and YouTube Show and much more.
I reached out to David to interview him when we launched our Building Authority Sites product because of his unique perspective and approach to authority. This interview is part of that course, but it is also something that I wanted to share with everyone because the model that David teaches and practices is something that anyone can use and repeat in their own business.
Whether you intend to create a full one interview based show like David has or just use interviews in the marketing and positioning of your own product or service, this episode has got a ton of great information in it that will open your eyes. David also gives away some great insights as to how he has been able to get some of the fabulous media coverage that he has and you’ll see it’s very different than you might suspect – it follows our mantra and starts with “giving first”. Listen to the episode and you’ll understand…
Enjoy the podcast!
Listen to this episode now
Listen, download or read – your choice…
In This Episode
- Mike’s off on vacation and leaves the dirty work for Troy this week
- Troy discusses how David leverages the authority of others to build up his own authority
- We talk about how David was an autoresponder virtual smart ass and didn’t even know it
- We talk about how David has interviewed over 300+ entrepreneurs, marketers and thought leaders
- How that coverage has gotten him featured on ABC, CBS, CNN, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times and more
- We talk about how David built his fan base by doing something he loved
- We also talk about how most success is fueled by passion – almost obsessively so
- We discuss how relationships are really the key to success
- David talks about the common struggles a new business person goes through
- How to break out of your comfort zone and gain massive media exposure
- How to find your true value
- The reasons behind creating continuity income
- David reveals his biggest surprise while growing his business
- And much more…
Action Items from this Episode
- Identify some people in your niche or market that are “influencers” that could help your business grow
- Then reach out to them for interviews and build relationships
- Remember even if you aren’t successful, to look for opportunities that may be hidden in the relationship
Resources Applicable to this Episode
- BuildingAuthoritySites.com is our premiere training course of over 20+ indepth videos showing you exactly what you need to do to build your authority online today
- Make sure to check out David’s TheRiseToTheTop.com site as well
- Our Insider’s Club has more than 100 hours of marketing training around every topic you can imagine and costs less than you likely spend at Starbucks each month
- Goto AskMikeandTroy.com and ask us anything marketing related and we’ll replay personally to every question
- Check out our new TMS Store – we’ve even got some cool new T-Shirts!