Probably the single most common question we get from people is “I want to get started with some passive income online part time to supplement my day job income, what’s the best way to get started?”. It’s a very common goal and objective, and once achieved, many are “hooked” on online marketing and begin the transition to a full time stay at home marketing career.
We don’t preach the “easy button” approach as there simply is no magic solution to making money online, but creating quality product review sites – especially in conjunction with our Building Authority Sites model – is a great way to get started with some passive income.
In this episode we tackle the “product review site” approach – the good, the bad and the ugly. We tell you how to do it the right way so you don’t waste your time and money and we give you a lot of information from our vast experience of creating these types of sites in many different niches over the past few years. In fact, we sold one of these Authority Review sites in a non-Internet Marketing niche for $100k. That bought us a house for cash, so don’t dismiss these sites as being just cheapo $100 a month sites. That one product review site made us about $700 a day.
Enjoy the podcast!
Listen to this episode now
Listen, download or read – your choice…
In This Episode
- We discuss one of the most popular routes to getting started online – product review sites
- We talk about how we now focus on authority review sites per our Building Authority Sites model
- We discuss why we like review sites and the many benefits of them – including research
- Do your products on your review sites have to have affiliate programs to make you money?
- We discuss whether you should focus on a single niche within your review site or spanning multiple niches
- We talk about whether you should write your own reviews or outsource them
- We define the various forms of product review sites and what our favorite model is
- We talk about how you leverage these sites to build up passive income
- We discuss how to compliment your reviews with blogging and curation content
- We give you some great examples of types of content and blog posts to create that help you generate more sales
- We discuss the right way to structure a review
- We give you some tips about whether or not you should include negative reviews
- We teach you how to build trust and rapport with your review sites – which leads to higher sales and conversions
- We talk about how to create sniper or launch-jacker type product review sites
- We talk about the one type of site you should always build even if you’re using the launch-jacking sites
- How to use resource listings and reviews of products you use on your existing site or blog for additional revenue
Our Pick the Brain Segment
To submit your question to Mike and Troy, go to AskMikeandTroy.com. That will tie into this “Pick the Brain” segment where you’ll be able to submit questions to us for possible inclusion on the podcast.
We can’t promise you that your question will be featured on our “Pick the Brain” segment, but you never know!
It all depends on YOU – so make sure an get involved and go to AskMikeandTroy.com and submit your questions that you’d like us to address!
In this Episode’s Pick the Brain Segment
- We answer a subscriber’s question about a competitor’s site that is ranking well (ahead of him) and why
Ranking in Google depends on a lot of factors. In fact, Google has admitted that there are over 200 different indicators that they use in their ranking algorithm. So understanding why one site ranks above another can take quite a bit of investigation and analysis. Listen up as we talk our way through doing a very quick “on the fly” analysis of this particular situation to gain some insight into this process.
Action Items from this Episode
- Go out and create one (or more) product review sites in your niche to supplement your income
- Or… add some reviews to your existing site or blog for the products that you use, like and are familiar with
- Or… just have fun and create a new product review site in a completely new niche to experiment with it
Resources Applicable to this Episode
- Outsource your product reviews to us & build your site much faster
- Our Insider’s Club
- Our new AskMikeandTroy.com resource
- Check out our new TMS Store – we’ve even got some cool new T-Shirts!