Everyone’s a Social Marketing expert these days and about every other article written seems to be about the latest and greatest social marketing tactic d’jour. So what’s our take on all of this? Well, it will likely surprise you a bit…
Not only do we not claim to be Social Marketing mavens, but we also choose to instead redirect the conversation entirely and discuss what we feel is more important in the social arena – social engagement. We even reveal some very “unsexy” but useful forms of social engagement that most people overlook and take for granted.
In this episode we also talk about Google Authorship and how you can use it wisely to improve your organic search presence as well as some other benefits that we discuss in the podcast. Enjoy!
Listen to this episode now
Listen, download or read – your choice…
In This Episode
- We’re candid about our usage of Social Marketing
- Social Engagement and Social Marketing are NOT the same thing
- We talk about how you cannot possibly be a specialist in everything
- We discuss and define what social engagement is
- We talk about the three approaches you can take towards social engagement
- We suggest that you focus on your strength
- We discuss whether you should pay a firm
- We encourage you to focus on building relationships not on marketing so much
- Mike chokes on a chicken wing
- We talk about some other important forms of social engagement that most people miss
- What about commenting on the website/blog – is that a form of engagement?
- We’ve created our own forms of custom social engagement – our Brain Dump
- We don’t claim to be social experts
- We transition into Google Authorship
- We talk about the three reasons for using Google Authorship
- We discuss both Yoast SEO Plugin as well as AuthorSure plugins
- We talk about how to use Authorship to enhance your organic presence
- We talk about why Google wants you to use Authorship
- We define AuthorRank and discuss its coming role in organic search
- We wrap things up by talking about engaging your audience
Our Pick the Brain Segment
To submit your question to Mike and Troy, go to AskMikeandTroy.com. That will tie into this “Pick the Brain” segment where you’ll be able to submit questions to us for possible inclusion on the podcast.
We can’t promise you that your question will be featured on our “Pick the Brain” segment, but you never know!
It all depends on YOU – so make sure an get involved and go to AskMikeandTroy.com and submit your questions that you’d like us to address!
In this Episode’s Pick the Brain Segment
- We answer the callers question about how to use multiple Google+ accounts with various niche affiliate sites
We talk about the reasons why you would and would not want to use multiple Google+ authorship accounts and answer the callers affiliate marketing related questions on the subject.
Action Items from this Episode
- Go out and define your realistic social engagement plan
- Get Google Authorship setup on your site – if you don’t use Yoast SEO Plugin, you can get the FREE AuthorSure plugin
Resources Applicable to this Episode
- Our Insider’s Club
- Our new AskMikeandTroy.com resource
- Yoast SEO Plugin
- AuthorSure Plugin
- TMS Content Writers - If you need help getting more content to your site, check out our services – blogging, curated content, product reviews and large authority content – we’ve got you covered.