The fact is that SEO is a lot more complex than simple linkbuilding, despite what you may have heard, and if that is what you’ve been fed then you’re eatin’ some poison fruit.
In this episode – continuing our Top 10 Marketing Strategies of 2013 – you’ll get the straight scoop on linkbuilding as well as learn what we’re doing and get some great free resources you can check out as well. Enjoy!
Listen to this episode now
Listen, download or read – your choice…
In This Episode
- We talk in-depth about link building and SEO – are they the same thing?
- What is “inbound marketing”?
- Mike dives into his lipstick on a pig analogy (you’ve been warned)
- We answer the “why” behind SEO – why should you do it?
- SEO or listing your business in the Yellow Pages – how different is it?
- What type of traffic converts the best?
- Is organic traffic free? Easy?
- We discuss the difference between link building and SEO
- Why link building has gotten such a bad rep
- Onsite and offsite link building
- Do you still need link building?
- Using link building to market your site
- Why SEO traffic still converts the best
- Building links for authority
- Understanding the benefits of organic traffic vs paid
- Diversifying your links
- Naturalizing the look of your links
- Why quality matters when it comes to link building
- We discuss the different forms of link building
- Taking a multichannel approach to link building
- Why it’s so important to go where your users are
Our Pick the Brain Segment
To submit your question to Mike and Troy, go to AskMikeandTroy.com. That will tie into this “Pick the Brain” segment where you’ll be able to submit questions to us for possible inclusion on the podcast.
We can’t promise you that your question will be featured on our “Pick the Brain” segment, but you never know!
It all depends on YOU – so make sure an get involved and go to AskMikeandTroy.com and submit your questions that you’d like us to address!
In this Episode’s Pick the Brain Segment
- We answer the callers question about getting started with paid traffic and PPC
When you realize that SEO is just one of many forms of traffic and that it is probably the least controllable form of traffic, the notion of focusing on paid traffic generation becomes very alluring. We talk about this and give our take about the best way to get started.
Action Items from this Episode
- Go out and find 3 new resources for traffic and links every month
- Create a video and leverage the content into as many sources as possible and syndicate it out
- Check out the FREE SEO case study
Resources Applicable to this Episode
- SEO That Works Today – FREE 90 minute case study on SEO with full disclosure and downloadable slides
- Our Insider’s Club
- Our new AskMikeandTroy.com resource
- CPA Quantum – See our review of this product here on the site
- Wunderlist app for task management – FREE app compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and supports sharing as well
- Audio Speed Ripper and Video Speed Ripper – Super cheap apps to speed up the playback of audio from both audio and video sources so that you spend less time listening to your audios (and videos)
- The TopMarketingStrategies.com Store - If you need help getting more content to your site, check out our services – blogging, curated content, product reviews and large authority content – we’ve got you covered.