The next installment in our Top 10 Effective Marketing Strategies for 2013 arrives today and it’s an “odd duck”. In fact, I doubt that most marketers would consider site performance and security to be a marketing strategy – but it is. Your site’s speed has a much bigger role in your marketing than you may think – and not just in how well it ranks within Google either.
Don’t get fooled into only thinking about Google traffic – the most important thing to remember is to value your user’s experience and impression of your site and SPEED has a lot to do with that.
Likewise, security has everything to do with trust and how well your site is trusted can have a great deal of influence on your rankings as well.
Listen to this episode now
Listen, download or read – your choice…
In This Episode
- We talk about the two major benefits of site performance
- Why site performance and speed can impact your rankings
- Site speed and the user experience
- How poor site performance can actually tank your rankings
- We talk about S3, CDN and caching
- We talk about the hosting options available – from shared plans, VPS, Cloud based hosting, dedicated hosting, to fully managed hosting
- Which hosting service is right for your site?
- How security can affect your rankings
- We tell you what we use and why
Our Pick the Brain Segment
To submit your question to Mike and Troy, go to AskMikeandTroy.com. That will tie into this “Pick the Brain” segment where you’ll be able to submit questions to us for possible inclusion on the podcast.
We can’t promise you that your question will be featured on our “Pick the Brain” segment, but you never know!
It all depends on YOU – so make sure an get involved and go to AskMikeandTroy.com and submit your questions that you’d like us to address!
In this Episode’s Pick the Brain Segment
- We talk about how you should and how you shouldn’t use Fiverr.com when it comes to SEO
Fiverr.com is a great site for getting cheap services. But does it make sense for SEO work? Should you use it on your site? Is there a way you could benefit from Fiverr.com without risking your site? We talk about all of that and more.
Resources Applicable to this Episode
- Our Insider’s Club
- Our new AskMikeandTroy.com resource
- Building Authority Sites - Although not referenced in the podcast, Building Authority Sites is a full-featured course that is very content centric and will help you build the authority and footprint of your site for expertise positioning and increased traffic and revenue
- ArticlesOnTap.com - If you need help getting more content to your site, check out our services – blogging, curated content, product reviews and large authority content – we’ve got you covered.