Guest blog posting – isn’t that old school? Yes, it is – but it works and works well especially in this post-Panda era of SEO. Mike and talk about this and many other strategies for how to use guest blog posting and leverage it in your marketing strategy as we continue our series on the Top 10 Marketing Strategies Today.
We talk about how and why guest posting has become so popular again in 2012 and is once again a very important marketing strategy. We’ll also talk about some of our personal experiences with it and the results we’ve obtained.
Listen to this episode now
Listen, download or read – your choice…
In This Episode
- We define guest blog posting
- Getting your name out there through guest blog posting
- How guest blog posting can boost relevant traffic to your site
- Diversifying your traffic sources
- The impact of guest blog posting on your rankings through authority back links
- We discuss authority by association
- Opening up new opportunities through relationship-building
- How to get your first guest blog post out there
- How to approach other blogs for a guest blog post
- Using video to stand out against other potential contributors
- Why guest blog posting is more important than ever before
Our Pick the Brain Segment
To submit your question to Mike and Troy, go to AskMikeandTroy.com. That will tie into this “Pick the Brain” segment where you’ll be able to submit questions to us for possible inclusion on the podcast.
We can’t promise you that your question will be featured on our “Pick the Brain” segment, but you never know!
It all depends on YOU – so make sure an get involved and go to AskMikeandTroy.com and submit your questions that you’d like us to address!
In this Episode’s Pick the Brain Segment
- We talk about using Google Analytics vs. other 3rd party analytics systems such as GetClicky.com
After getting hammered by Penguin and Panda, a lot of people want to ditch Google Analytics in favor of GetClicky and other popular 3rd party analytics. But does it really impact your site or your rankings? Is making the switch really worth it? Will you really be hiding your information from Google by switching? Find out on this week’s Pick the Brain, and make sure you subscribe to our podcast so you don’t miss an episode.
Action Items from this Episode
- Get out there and get started doing Guest Posts
- Identify the top guest posting candidate sites in your niche (make sure to look at their PageRank and linkcounts and see if they really are a strong authority site worth having a link from)
- Begin the process of guest posting, start slow, but get started
Resources Applicable to this Episode
- Our Insider’s Club
- Our new AskMikeandTroy.com resource
- Building Authority Sites - Although not referenced in the podcast, Building Authority Sites is a full-featured course that is very content centric and will help you build the authority and footprint of your site for expertise positioning and increased traffic and revenue
- ArticlesOnTap.com - If you need help getting more content to your site, check out our services – blogging, curated content, product reviews and large authority content – we’ve got you covered.