This week we dive into a series of podcasts. The “what’s working today” topic which we will explore in detail over the next several weeks of podcasts. In this episode we start with Content Curation – a very effective approach for content marketing that is both effective and easily outsourced.
Just as we were about to publish episode 3 we saw that iTunes approved our podcast and it is now live. We never got the notification email that we were expecting, so it was a “pleasant surprise”. All in all it took about two weeks to get approved – not bad.
UPDATE: The Top Marketing Strategies podcast is now LIVE in iTunes – subscribe here.
Listen to this episode now
Listen, download or read – your choice…
In This Episode
- We define blog curation
- We discuss how to use Google Alert to find newsworthy items in the web that are relevant to your blog
- We talk about how to curate the quotes from that content that you want to use
- We discuss how to cite the sources of the quotes while not overpromoting the source
- We look at the general rules and guidelines to follow in blog curation
- We talk about the importance of adding value to what was quoted
- Example on how to add value to content
- Need to limit the number of quotes/outbound links
- Curating videos, images and infographics
- We discuss the major benefits of blog curation
- How citing or linking out to quality sites can be beneficial to you
- Importance of choosing high quality sites to link to
- Development of good relationships with the other site owners
- Getting reciprocal links from those sites
- Enhancing your image as an expert
- Growing your content base in your site
- How blog curation helps you in outsourcing content
- Using a particular section in your site like “In the News” for your blog curation
Our Pick the Brain Segment
To submit your question to Mike and Troy, go to AskMikeandTroy.com. That will tie into this “Pick the Brain” segment where you’ll be able to submit questions to us for possible inclusion on the podcast.
We can’t promise you that your question will be featured on our “Pick the Brain” segment, but you never know!
It all depends on YOU – so make sure an get involved and go to AskMikeandTroy.com and submit your questions that you’d like us to address!
In this Episode’s Pick the Brain Segment
- We discuss what types of linkbuilding are safe for 2013.
We get this question all the time and so we wanted to take some time and give you the low down on some safe and effective linkbuilding strategies that you can’t go wrong with. BTW, we’ll be covering these in much more detail in the weeks to come in our upcoming podcasts, so make sure you subscribe to our podcast here in iTunes so you don’t miss an episode!
Resources Applicable to this Episode
- Our Insider’s Club
- Our new AskMikeandTroy.com resource
- Building Authority Sites
- Mike & Troy’s Diverse SEO packages