This week starts off a series of podcasts. The “what’s working today” topic leads into a Top 10 list of the most effective marketing strategies today and starting with episode #3 we will dive into each of those Top 10 in much more detail over the next few weeks. We figured this was a great way to start off the new year – with clear guidance on how to be most effective with your marketing.
Episode two has arrived. I wish I could say that we’ve got this down to a fine oiled process – LOL – but that’s okay, we’re having fun! We hope that you are enjoying it as well. If you are, please do us a favor and leave a review and rate the podcast inside of iTunes and tell us what you think!
UPDATE: Now LIVE in iTunes – subscribe here.
Listen to this episode now
Listen, download or read – your choice…
In This Episode
- A quick review of what used to work in SEO
- We talk about the false myth of ROI and SEO
- We define the mantra for 2012 SEO
- We talk about generic, naked and branded anchor text
- We discuss the importance of keyword derivatives and LSI
- We discuss the importance of diversification in anchor text
- Diversification rules the day in 2012
- Why you should diversify your link sources as well
- What does it mean for a link to be helpful
- We introduce the concept of defensive link building
- Diversifying you traffic sources
- Reducing risk in your business
- Levering the easiest source of traffic you can control
- Diversifying your income source
- Diversifying your monetization source
- How to 2x or even 10x your income on a site
- The Top 10 marketing strategies that are effective today
Our Pick the Brain Segment
We’re underway on AskMikeandTroy.com – it’s still a bit “rough” but it is functional – so use it! That will tie into this “Pick the Brain” segment where you’ll be able to submit questions to us for possible inclusion on the podcast.
It all depends on YOU – so make sure an get involved and go to AskMikeandTroy.com and submit your questions that you’d like us to address!
In this Episode’s Pick the Brain Segment
- We discuss buying Facebook Likes – should you? will it get you in trouble? Isn’t it against the Facebook Terms of Services?
Well, you don’t want to miss this little gem because it’s an awesome trick we’ve been using for a long time and many people are simply not aware of how simple and easy it is to get tons of valid and legit likes for your posts – and for cheap too!
Action Items from this Episode
- Examine the monetization strategy of your site and look to improve it
- Make sure you’re diversifying your traffic sources & link sources
- Take action, don’t just “learn” – do!
- Find your passion and stick with it
- Don’t be afraid to try new things
- Stay focused in your business
- Learn to use “the 30 day project” concept to keep you focused
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Our Insider’s Club
- Our new AskMikeandTroy.com resource
- Mike & Troy’s Diverse SEO packages
- Facebook Promotions