What is Conversion Rate Optimization
Conversion rate optimization is one of the metrics used to measure how well visitors to a website perform the desired action. This can be as simple as joining a mailing list, filling out a form or more complex. Different courses of action can be measured, and the ensuing data can be used to further optimize a site in order to increase converting users. Conversion rate optimization applies to prospects once they have actually landed on the website.
5 Benefits of CRO
1. We mentioned it earlier, but the improved user experience will ultimately lead to an increase in conversions. Split A/B testing is one method TMS utilizes to track which changes optimize conversion rate.
2. Increased conversion from existing customers, without extra acquisition cost, resulting in a better return on your investment.
3. Attracting the customers who will actually convert, or quality traffic, rather than visitors who are not actually interested in what you have to offer, using insights gathered from analytics.
4. Improved scalability, transforming visitors into buyers, without breaking the bank.
5. Enhancing the trust visitors place in your site. Growing your authority in your industry. Answering questions and providing high-quality customer service is part of any strong conversion rate optimization tactic.
How to Improve CRO
Analytics is one of the tools used for improved conversion rate optimization. Setting a goal within the dashboard of Google Analytics provides immediate data when visitors come to your site, including the actions they take.
Landing Page Optimization
Understanding what is bringing visitors to your landing page, and providing relevant content that will capture their attention while guiding them to take action is the goal of a landing page is important. But how is this achieved?
Bulleted lists are often used to provide direct, targeted information, in a concise format. Keep the overall appearance of landing pages clean, uncluttered, and to the point.Adding a free ebook, whitepaper, or special offer is a simple way of gaining sign-ups. Exit pop-ups are typically less annoying than entry ones and are a simple conversion rate optimization that can be beneficial in capturing an email address of a visitor who may be lost otherwise.