This week continues are three-part segment with Gauher Chaudhry in our paid traffic series. Last week Gauher talked all about PPT and it was a real eye-opener to many as it’s not a super well known form of paid traffic.
This week Gauher dives into the bread and butter of his experience – pay per click or PPC traffic. But what we really like about Gauher is that his PPC experience is very exhaustive and complete. Most people think of PPC and *assume* you’re talking about Google Adwords. And while Gauher does still use Adwords and has extensive knowledge of Adwords, his real focus is on non-Google PPC alternatives.
And that is exactly what we focus on in this interview. We gloss over Adwords and just focus on alternatives. Don’t worry though, we’ve got lots more coming in an upcoming episode on Adwords too…
Enjoy the podcast!
Listen to this episode now
Listen, download or read – your choice…
In This Episode
- By the way, Gauher is my favorite guy to interview because he always refers to us as “Troy & Mike” – LOL
- Gauher explains that there are dozens of Google Adwords alternatives
- We talk about the reasons why someone would want to look beyond Adwords for PPC traffic
- Gauher talks about the need to diversify your traffic sources
- Gauher drops the hat and tells us that ____ even converts BETTER than Google Adwords…
- Gauher also talks about diversity not for dependency reasons but for the diversity in demographics and audience as well
- 1/20th – Yeah, Gauher says he can often get traffic on 2nd tier networks for 1/20th the cost of Adwords – wow…
- We talk about Gauher’s favorite 2nd tier networks
- 2nd tier search engines or just network aggregators?
- We discuss click fraud and what you’ve got to do to be on the look out for it
- Gauher discusses the importance of weeding out the bad traffic
- We discuss the difference in customer support between Adwords and these 2nd tier networks
- Gauher talks about the ease of ad approval with these other networks
- We talk about how with most of these networks you can get started for as low as $25 in ads putting them in reach of everyone – with Bing Ads it’s just a $5 startup cost and they’re Google’s biggest competitor
- Gauher discusses the ease of doing business with the 2nd tier networks and that money talks – no quality scores or hoops to jump through
- We jokingly discuss how Gauher has been banned from Google Adwords multiple times (3) and he gives some really good advice about the topic
- Much, much more…
Action Items from this Episode
- Setup your account with 50OnRed.com – a great network to get started with
- Make sure you have good quality tracking installed – check out Prosper202 (free) if you don’t have a solution
Our Favorite Gauher Chaudhry Products (we use them all)
- PayPerView Formula – Read our Review
- PayPerClick Formula – Read our Review
- CPA Quantum – Read our Review
Resources Applicable to this Episode
- Our Insider’s Club has more than 100 hours of marketing training around every topic you can imagine and costs less than you likely spend at Starbucks each month on top of that we just completed a series of training on paid traffic inside the Insider’s Club as well that will compliment this podcast perfectly!
- Goto AskMikeandTroy.com and ask us anything marketing related and we’ll replay personally to every question
- Check out our new TMS Store – we’ve even got some cool new T-Shirts!
- Learn more about Gauher Chaudhry on our spotlight feature
- Bing Ad Network
- Prosper202 Tracking